Monday:
Missed Krav because I worked late, but caught grappling class. My brain is pretty fuzzy on cold medicine, so I don't remember most of what we worked on, except that I did learn a trick for a triangle choke - for when my legs are just too short. One - turn towards my knee to get more room. My instinct is to turn away from it - so good tip. Else - you don't need your legs locked to make it work. Pressing your knees together and ankles down have the same effect.
Tuesday: More working late. No karate. :(
Wednesday:
More of the same drills from last week. Armbar switching (I think I was even MORE awkward this time) after mount-to-armbar (which I'm so foggy I couldn't tell you how it happens). Also worked on some sort of head-and-arm choke from mount. Interesting - didn't work on me, didn't work on my partner. Theorized that maybe it doesn't work on females? Will do some testing.
Thursday:
Folks are getting ready for the state tournament, so we're doing all sorts of weird new tournament stuff. Ten second submissions. 10/6/3 second throws. Really weird. I'm not sure I like it! Makes me realize how slow my brain is working right now, and it scares me because at that speed you're more likely to hurt someone. I'm NOT about hurting folks, and I just don't have that kind of focus/precision/control. #1 Goal To Work On. And then, of course, Goal #2 would be to get things right.
No comments:
Post a Comment